Indicative of the company's growth is its gaining 19 new operators and its being included in British Telecom's 21CN short-list. Among the achievements singled out by Huawei are:
- sale of wireless products 120% up on 2004, including sale of CDMA in international markets up 200%;
- arrival in top five globally in the UMTS sector, attributed to proprietary R&D and innovation;
- obtaining of the company's eleventh UMTS commercial contract;
- becoming the first in the world (in February 2005) to release UMTS distributed base stations;
- notching up 20 million subscribers to its GSM Softswitch system in 20 countries;
- notching up 10 million subscribers to CDMA in the first half of 2005;
- launching end-to-end broadband services and solutions such as IPTV and Triple-Play;
- the company's IP DSLAM and ADSL2+ maintaining their senior positions in the global market; and
- successfully entering 27 new countries between January and June 2005.
Fixed network products have been deployed in 97 countries and regions to date.